Teeth whitening and porcelain veneers are both considered cosmetic dentistry procedures that can enhance the appearance of your smile. However, these cosmetic options are quite different in how they are accomplished, their cost, and the results they can achieve:
- While teeth whitening simply whitens and brightens teeth by temporarily bleaching stains from the dentin, porcelain veneers can can correct a broad variety of minor smile imperfections (including discoloration) with long-lasting results.
- In contrast to teeth whitening, which is a treatment that is applied to the teeth, porcelain veneers are prosthetic restorations that are added onto the teeth. Porcelain veneers are thin, ceramic shells which cover the front sides of teeth, creating a more ideal façade that transforms your smile. Because they conceal each tooth, porcelain veneers can superficially revise tooth color, shape, size, length, and alignment for as long as the veneer is intact.
- The results of teeth whitening treatments such as Zoom!® teeth whitening, while ultimately temporary, can be extended with fastidious oral hygiene and at-home touch-up treatments.
- In some cases, deep dental stains may be resistant to bleaching. Often, porcelain veneers may be utilized to conceal permanently discolored teeth with whiter, brighter ceramic material that is virtually impervious to staining.
- Porcelain veneers are a more significant financial investment when compared to the cost of teeth whitening treatments. If you schedule a consultation with Dr. John Cross, he can evaluate your smile and explain the cost of porcelain veneers versus the cost of teeth whitening.
To find out if teeth whitening or porcelain veneers from OC Lifesmiles might be right for you, we encourage you to make an appointment today!
For More Information Email Us (949) 242-0680