While removable dentures have long been the traditional solution for replacing full arches of upper and lower teeth, more and more patients are opting to restore their full smile with implant-supported dentures. Implant-supported dentures attach securely to dental implant posts that are surgically placed within healthy jawbone tissue. Since implant-supported dentures are held firmly in place, many of the common issues that patients have with removable dentures are resolved. Individuals who switch to implant-supported dentures benefit from:
- Chewing, speaking, and smiling with confidence – Implant-supported dentures do not shift or slip in the mouth, rub along the gums, or fall out.
- Jawbone preservation – Dental implants apply pressure to the jawbone, which stimulates natural bone tissue regeneration and helps prevent atrophy.
- Enjoying all types of food – Individuals with implant-supported dentures can consume all of their favorite foods without worry.
- Beautiful smile aesthetics – Implant-supported dentures are custom-designed and carefully crafted to create natural-looking smiles.
- Strong, durable full-arch dentures – Implant-supported dentures from OC Lifesmiles are fabricated from high-quality materials that are long-lasting and incredibly lifelike.
At OC Lifesmiles, our cosmetic dentist—John Cross, DDS—frequently helps patients transition from removable dentures to implant-supported dentures using a variety of innovative techniques and customized implant denture solutions. Following a comprehensive examination to evaluate your oral health and the condition of your jawbone, Dr. Cross can discuss your implant denture options. Even if you have some degree of jawbone atrophy, you may still be a good candidate for certain types of implant denture solutions, such as All-On-4®. All-On-4® requires only four strategically placed dental implants to secure each full arch replacement and is commonly considered a suitable alternative for patients who cannot support a full mouth of single-crown implants. Dr. Cross may also suggest bone grafts to rebuild jawbone volume prior to implant surgery if necessary.
If you are considering implant-supported dentures, we welcome you to contact OC Lifesmiles and schedule a consultation with Dr. Cross.
For More Information Email Us (949) 242-0680